- 500 g chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 carrots, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1 zucchini, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 heaped tbsp. Spoonfed Foods Hot Jam
- 1 small red chilli, sliced finely
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp. rice bran oil
Let’s start cooking
Place a large wok on high heat and add the oil. Add the garlic and half the cubed chicken, to the wok and fry the chicken until it has browned on all sides and then remove from heat. Repeat the step above with the remaining chicken.
Combine all of the chicken back into the wok along with the cashew nuts, hot jam and red chilli, you may also need to add a little more rice bran oil at this stage.
Cook for 1 minute and then add the broccoli, carrot, zucchini and onion. Cook for a further minute.
Add the cornflour, which, has been pre mixed with the chicken stock to the wok and stir to combine. Allow the ingredients to cook for a further minute to allow the sauce to thicken slightly. Turn off heat and serve immediately.
Serving suggestion – serve with egg fried rice.
Recipe by Tanya Bartolini