- 12 eggs
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- a handful of basil leaves, shredded, plus extra to serve
- 75g watercress
- Spoonfed Foods Chipotle jam
Let's start cooking
We are going to cook 4 individual omelettes.
Let's start cooking the first one by breaking 3 eggs into a large mixing bowl and beating them lightly with a fork. Season with a little black pepper.
Turn the grill on to its highest setting.
Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large non-stick fry pan, swirling the pan to cover the base as it sets.
Scatter a quarter of the red onion, sun-dried tomato, cherry tomatoes and basil over the top of the omelette and slide the pan under the hot grill for 1-2 minutes or until golden.
Slide the omelette onto a plate and keep warm while you cook the remaining omelettes.
Serve with some fresh peppery watercress, a little basil and top up with a spoon of Chipotle jam.
Recipe by Daniel Green, "The Paleo Diet"