Rice Noodle Salad
- 150g rice stick noodles
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 2 green shallots, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 carrot, cut into julienne
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, torn if large
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 1 small red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Spoonfed Foods Pork Jam
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Thai style Pork Meatballs
- 500g free range pork mince
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Spoonfed Foods Pork Jam
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped mint
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped coriander
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
Let's start cooking
To make rice noodle salad, place noodles in a heatproof bowl, pour boiling water over and stand for 15 minutes or until noodles are softened. Drain well and combine with remaining ingredients.
To make noodle dressing, place all ingredients in a small saucepan and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
To make Thai style pork meatballs, combine all ingredients except peanut oil in a bowl and using your hands, mix well to combine. Roll mince into walnut size balls. Heat a large non sticking frying pan, add half the peanut oil and when hot add half the Thai style pork balls, flattening them with an egg slice to form patties. Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Repeat with remaining oil and mince mixture.
To serve, toss rice noodle salad with noodle dressing and spoon into bowls, serve with Thai style pork meatballs on the side or on top.